Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Busy. Just too busy.

Just popping in to lament the fact that I have had no free time at all to blog.  I am of course blessed beyond measure to have a healthy living newborn baby (ten weeks old already!) whose demands of course take precendence over all else.  I have also been back at work for a couple of weeks.  Everything there is snowballing, and I'm feeling extremely frazzled.  I have to take a personal day Friday to attend a wedding and a half a day on Monday for some training.  It takes HOURS of preparation to miss a day of work in my field.  It's more work than being at work, basically.  Then, I am preparing to interview for a new position, so I've had to update my resume, work on a cover letter, and basically do a lot of things that I haven't thought about since 2005.  It is a very odd thing to focus on something OTHER THAN family planning, getting pregnant, staying pregnant, grieving, etc.  My entire life has been consumed by pregnancy (and loss and/or aftermath) since 2009 when we started trying.  I am feeling so rusty professionally, and it is not so easy to balance everything, but I'm doing my best.

That said, I very very very much miss this space.  I miss commenting, getting comments, and being a more active blogger, although I've always been sporadic.

I would love to write the final part to "our secret" and share William's birth story here.

I would love to take the time to reflect and write about where I am grief-wise.

Both of those posts will have to wait, for now.

I think about all of you out there who have had losses, I think of you and your little ones on an almost daily basis, and I will never completely abandon this community, even when my life gets ridiculously busy.  But right now, I just need to focus on getting things done professionally. 

Spring break and summer break are both looming, and I can't wait to have a moment to myself (maybe?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment